Monday, June 10, 2002

w00t!




I got some new hardware! yay! my poor old k6-2 500 recently got a massive hardware upgrade. I figured, I can't tell enough people, so I'll put it here. I had a 40 gig hard drive, and it was full (like, less than 100 megs free, with no games or anything installed) thanks to my gloriously fast cable internet. I bought an 80 gig drive to bring my total giggage up to 120, allowing me to pirate software with wild abandon (come get me, BSA biatches!). and I got a 16x dvd and a 32X12X48 cdrw and another 128 meg stick of ram (bringing me up to 320 megs). So my ide bus is full up, no room at the inn, standing room only... then my system sat for a while, with me hammering on the poor 80 gig, until a couple days ago. a couple days ago I got: a GeForce 4 MX 440, some (cheap) flat panel speakers with a subwoofer, and a compact flash card reader. I got the reader because I was tired of having to plug in my damned camera and drain the batteries while I waited umpteen minutes to get all my random pictures of spots on the ground on disk. This reader acts as a removeable drive (drive J:, in my case) and I can just pop in mr. flash card and drag the aforementioned pictures onto the disk. I also got another 64 meg compact flash card, so I can have twice as many pictures of spots on the ground.
Next on the list is the cpu, but thsi will be a bit pricey, as I want to upgrade to an athlon xp, and I'll have to buy the cpu, motherboard, and some ddr ram before I can run it. but oh well, I have time....

0 comments: