Ich hasse Real

Thursday, January 16, 2003

As if I didn't hate them enough - HERE is a link to a discussion on something I didn't even think of the last time I bitched about real.com's abomination: during the install of realplayer, you are prompted to opt-in for some truly useless spam about shit you don't care about and wouldn't read if you sought out a site that had that particular info on it, much less if it was bulkmailed to you. The problem comes when you realize there are *twelve* checkboxes, and you can only see the first 4 - but - the last 5 are checked. So those of you who didn't bother to scroll down will be bombarded by spam that you technically signed on for. Those worthless bastards. The next step, I predict, will be to make the free realplayer totally ad-served, meaning it will play an ad (loaded off some overloaded and slow server) every time you play a file, online or not. Man, I hate real networks more every day.

current music: "Feuer Frei" by Rammstein, which explains the german topic. I don't understand a word these guys say, but I like it.

0 comments: