I forgot.

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I mentioned the escape key. I had that last post half typed, hit the escape key for some reason, and all my text vanished. fuckers.

Anyway, the thing about the swarm mentality of the A.I. in RTS games is that is leaves them open for certain tactics. In generals, the chinese have a unit that can convert enemy buildings to your side, and is camoflauged unless doing something. I'll sneak in and convert a power plant or something, to get the swarm distracted blowing it up - then I convert the headquarters and build a worker. that worker, if you can get it back to your base, is the greatest fucking thing ever. It builds the buildings it would have built for the enemy - only they are yours. You can have that bulldozer (or rebel guy) build anything the enemy can. I've had the superweapons of all three sides built in a single game. I love that. I'll build a usa airbase and amass a swarm of helicopters, then I'll build a gla war factory and have toxin tractors spraying the area around my base with poison. Another thing about the computer: it's dumb. I've had one infantry unit survive an attack on the enemy base, and used that infantry unit to blow up the enemy headquarters. For some reason the AI will sometimes ignore a single unit unless it attacks an enemy unit. I just wish these game developers would come up with at least semi-realistic AI. Now, if you'll excuse me, my rocket buggies are done building. Time to rush those fuckers.

current music: Wow. it was "People=Shit" by slipknot, which is a musical sledgehammer, followed by a song intended to aid meditation. it's all feng-shui and shit. That's random play for ya.

0 comments: