Monday, April 23, 2001

Infectious wearables Not as bad as it sounds. they sell ties and boxers with pictures of disease on them. I'm pretty sure they aren't actually infectious, but you oughta wash them first just to make sure. The proceeds go towards finding cures, although I doubt the proceeds from the plague tie will go towards curing the plague. The HIV boxers might not be the best thing to have on when you take a date home.... "hey, what's that on your boxers?" "well.... HIV" "oh.... I think I oughta get going."

This Planet Earth NASA rocks. this site has a bunch of videos made from satellite imagery zooming into various cities. I saw the washington, d.c. one, and it zooms from space all the way to what I think is the white house, all seamlessly. Neat stuff.

QUOTE
"It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles." - Dave Barry
END QUOTE

0 comments: