GABBER!!!!!

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Here's what I'm listening to:
I got this hair up my ass to download a big fuckload of gabber mp3s. What's gabber? Ok - you know how when somebody who doesn't like electronic music makes fun of it? Well, when they say "You can't tell the difference between the songs, and there isn't any variance within the songs.", and then they say the beat always sounds like "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM" - they're exactly describing gabber. Actually, they way I said people describe the songs isn't accurate. generally people say "the songs are all stupid and boring", but I didn't say that because I can make that exact claim about country music. Pretty much all gabber is the same tempo, and it all has a dominating 4/4 beat, and it all uses the same one or two samples looped over and over again throughout the entire song, and they all have almost no variance at all, except sometimes during the end when it slows down a bit, or the pitch of something changes. It's the music of raves, of 15-year-olds with blue hair and multiple facial piercings who are constantly under the effects of some party drug and who either are, or want to be "emancipated" because they hate their parents soooo much. And I've got 130 of these in my winamp queue.

0 comments: