When Good Targetted Ads Go Bad!

Saturday, September 04, 2004

I (currently as of this post) host my blog on aloof hosting (they "indifferently" host my site. I like that). Aloof hosting uses google text ads on pages. I like google text ads. They are orders of magnitude less annoying and intrusive than most other types of ad, and they are targetted, so they do occasionally display something at least partially relevant. But not here. A few posts back I dissed on volkswagen for their misnomer on wheels, the phaeton. I happen to like the fine folks at VW, and I think they make (and used to make) a lot of fine vehicles. They just need to fire whoever has been doing the naming. Since that post, google has decided that I run a phaeton fansite, or something. every time I view the page, I see text ads related to the damned phaeton. I was being mean to the phaeton. I don't like them. This is a bad bad page to advertise the phaeton. At least I haven't seen any ads for britney spears, who is a slutty bitch with no talent, and who I hope dies in some horrible fashion - like being being beheaded (very slowly) by a glacier. I'm actually fairly indifferent to the whole britney thing. I mean - she sucks and everything, and I'd probably hate her truly and deeply if I actually knew her, but other than that - she's just another set of tits singing songs she didn't write. She's paparazzi fodder.

Music Of The Moment: "sum of your achievements" by nailbomb. Nailbomb was a one-album side project of Max Cavalera from Sepultura, and later Soulfly. and, uh, The guy from Fudge Tunnel. What the hell kind of a band name is "fudge tunnel", anyway? That's just wrong.

Word Of The Moment: Annelid I was messing with an anagram generator, and discovered one of the many anagrams you can make from my full name is "asinine annelid", and I like that. You can also make "denials annie in". I don't know what to think of that one. sounds almost.... prude
You can also do, weirdly, "ideal insane inn". Cool. I'd sleep there.

By The Way, If you can guess my full real name from those anagrams, I'll give you a cookie.
My full real name is not Twilight Jones. Yes I really do have that many "I"s and "N"s in my name.

0 comments: