Tuesday, September 10, 2002

Ok, so this sucks worse.

So like, I upgraded, had a badass system, had bugs. OK. I can deal with this - I'll just figure out what the problem is and replace it. I thought it was the video card, so I swapped it for my old tnt2, and I still have bugs. not as many bugs, but still, the system is pretty much unusable. On top of this, I just smoked my second power supply. the one I had was about a year old, and it's a generic 300 watter, so I figure, Ok, it's dead - it happens. I do, afterall, have 2 optical drives and 2 hard drives on top of my power hungry cpu and video card. So I replace it, fine. Power supply is good, system is still buggy, and I'm suspecting the motherboard at this point. Last night, the thing rebootson me, and won't get past post. it keeps power cycling... Power supply number 2 down the drain.
Now I have a badass system sitting in the garage until I can buy a new power supply and replace that damn motherboard. I'm typing this, btw, on my roomate's computer.
so, yeah, grrr.

0 comments: