Wednesday, November 20, 2002

RANDOM LINK TIME!!!! WHEEEE!!!!

Yeah, so here's some links to stuff I've been looking at lately. Enjoy.

Video Rocketry Some very cool footage from video camera (one of those x-10 wireless jobbers) mounted in the body of a model rocket. Badass.
Mindless Self Indulgence An incredibly freaky band. A mixture of punk, hip-hop, techno, and anything else they can fit inside a 2 minute frenzy of a song full of violent time-shifts and vocals rapidly switching from growls to falsetto to rapping.
Artsy computer photography. Like, pictures of old computers and the people operating them. neat stuff.
Penny Arcade I'm surprised I didn't start reading this before now. An online comic about gaming. Also, it's hilarious.

current music: "Scalped" by dick dale. Yes, the guy who plays that surfer music, and whos "misirlou" is the main theme of 'pulp fiction' I sorta randomly found "Misirlou" while looking for other stuff, and I ended up grabbing abunch of his stuff.

stuck in my head: So, here's a thing: My internal jukebox went deep for this one, so deep that I can't find the song. It's "whatupwitu" by Eddie Murphy. Yes, he sings. Remember "Party all the time"? Eddie. Well, "whatsupwitu" has michael jackson in it, and it was made into a video, but it sucks so bad that nobody bothered to like, keep it around. I've only heard it like twice (Hell, Eddie's probably heard it less than a dozen times, and he sang the fucker.) But it's in my head, nonetheless. And it's been there for like 4 days, on and off, while I've been looking for it.

0 comments: