Has anyone else noticed?

Saturday, April 26, 2003

Did you ever notice how there is just about *always* some major holiday around the corner? Not actually physically around an actual physical corner, mind you, but around an intangible corner, a few weeks away. I mean it was easter, now it's mother's day, then it'll be, shit, I don't know, yom kippur or some shit. I don't actually know when yom kippur is. But what I'm saying is that I think the marketing scum that rule the earth and keep us all under their greasy scaly thumbs have decided that certain holidays are more important so as to keep that "seasonal" isle full of the same overpriced garbage that the same people buy every year. I'm really disenchanted with the commercalization of the holidays. Easter has lost all it's original meaning to most people. Easter and christmas are deeply rooted in christianity, yet they center around a fucking rabbit and santa claus, rather than like, I don't know, jesus... I'm by no means a religious person, but I think that if you build a holiday around the death and subsequent ascension into heaven of the central figure of your religion, and 2000 years later people celebrate it by eating chocolate bunnies and buying lots of green fakey grass - something has gone wrong with your holiday.
On another note, I've decided, only just now, to implement a new feature in this ever-increasingly bloated journal type thing of mine: the word of the moment.anytime I post, I'll come up with some random word I like and make that the word of the day, and link to it on dictionary.com or something. Let's start things off at the bottom and work our way up.

word of the moment: Nadir. Nadir means the lowest point, it's exactly the opposite of zenith, and it's what I'd name my electronics company. And it sounds like a presidential candidate.

current music: "drone" by autechre. It'd from their "peel session" album. I like it. so there.

0 comments: