Monday, January 01, 2001

hey, whoohoo. happy new year. I don't wanna sound like one of those mathie people, but it is actually the first day of the new millenium. 01-01-01. last night I went out in my driveway at about 10 til and stood there, in the freezing cold, in snow up to my ankles, watching people pop fireworks all over town. I *love* fireworks. I've been a firebug (pyromaniac, almost an arsonist) since I can rememeber. I burned the hair off my legs in a friend of mine's grandmother's garage when I was in 6th grade, I've had more fuse burns than I can count, I've been engulfed in waaaay too many fireballs, and I can sit for hours watching a fire dance on a pile of logs. So I just stood there, ignoring the cold, catching the occasional whiff of sulphur and black powder in the air, naming off the fireworks people were popping. ("Looks like one of those 2 dollar rockets, and that was a saturn missle battery. pretty nice floral shell...) It was kind of like time slowed down, and all was right with the world. Some guy across the street shot a pistol a few times, somebody down the block was shooting saturn missle batteries (those blocks with lots of tiny red rockets in them) at an angle, amd I was just standing there. In the cold. Like an idiot.

0 comments: