Friday, October 18, 2002

The International Quest: Day Three


So, I got ahold of Mark, the truck guy, and he said the truck runs, sort of. The motor needs rewired, it had a fire or something under the hood. Speaking of the hood, he has it in his workshop. The truck was driven to belize and back 2 years ago (Belize being just north of fucking panama. we're talking driving to south fucking america... I wonder how much gas that used.) And he bought it a year ago. His plans were to fix it up and possibly show it, but he can't afford it with his house payments. So I'm in like Flynn, or so I thought, until I called my mom. She says No, she won't cosign for this $2500 truck, even tho she was going to cosign for a $5500 car, and already said she'd most likely cosign for this one. My only chance now is to hope the guy will let me pay it out with him. I might turn to other family members and see if they'll cosign. Jeebus, I hate this - You can't get good credit without already having it, it seems. I really hope I can get this truck. I'm so in love with it, I talk about it like it's my girlfriend, always telling people what it looks like, where it's been, how great it is, what a pretty shade of blue it's paint is... By The Way, the truck is supposed to look generally like These do, but those are 1971s - 2 years younger than mine. She's aged gracefully. I never thought I'd love an older woman.


0 comments: