Sam's Place

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

So I got a job. I now work for... well, I won't mention the name - but let's just say it's the largest company in the world, headquarted in Bentonville, Arkansas and mascotted by a smiley face - and leave it at that. I'll be doing what I apparently love - floor maintenance. I am a Floor Maintenance Technician, or Mop Jockey for short. I do enjoy it. I mean, I'm in a company totally dedicated to customer service - but in a position where I'll never see any customers.

word of the moment: salubrious - one of those words that sounds dirty but isn't. I mean, just say it a couple times, slowly - Salubrious. Saluuuuuubrious. Nasty, ain't it? Know what salubrious means? Conducive to health. Eating your vegetables and sleeping are salubrious activities. A real downer of a word, if you ask me, which you wouldn't have.

current music: "'A' Is For Apathy" by Powerman 5000. "Everybody's here but nobody showed up." Yeah...

And I don't think "mascotted" is a real word. Lemme check... nope. I don't care tho. Now it is. I just invented it. I'm a rogue lexicographer, as of this moment. If I put some word that doesn't exist in here and it isn't just a typo - I did it on purpose and intend to spread that word into common usage through this medium. just remember that. And the opposite of "Mini" is "Wumbo", according to Patrick Star.

0 comments: